Combining your Website & Social Media to build reputation and trust
Just building your Profile on various Social Media sites likes Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest is not sufficient.
As a successful internet marketer, you need to achieve brand awareness, connect with target market, build database and ultimately make sales that are measurable in terms of your ROI (return on investment) for both for your time and money.
First of all the customer must learn about YOU. If they don’t know your business exists how can they buy?
Next your task is to convince them – by providing enough information to subscribe to your newsletter or by offering them a free report in return for leaving their details with you.
And then you aim to keep them interested and provide an opportunity for them to invest in your product or service.
The key to success is to try a lot of different tactics in small and inexpensive tests. My company GetPromoted, got some great leads following these tips below.
Here are some tips to marketing online:
- Build a website that positions and promotes you as a subject matter expert in your industry.
- Needless to say, this website should include a home page, an About the Company page and About the Owner, About the team page.
- You should also have an Articles Page where you post articles you have written on your area of specialty. This could also be an integrated blog.
- Write a self-written, well-researched and attention grabbing special report or white paper on your area of expertise. Once done, make this available to people who visit your site and also try to get it published in print or online media.
- If you have the time and resources, you can also offer a monthly online newsletter, or Ezine. People who visit your site should be given an option to subscribe for free if they register and give you their email address. Make sure you are mention that you will not misuse the email ids.
- Content Marketing is the buzzword for SEO in 2013. The more unique-content on your site, the better. Great Content has always and always will work wonders for your rankings and reputation.
- Email marketing can also be considered. Although success rate is low but if intelligently done and backed by good data, email marketing sure can help in increase in social media and website exposure.
Having a strategy before you start your campaign is very important.
Social Media Strategy
- Set it to build the social media foundation for all other social media efforts, so what tools are going to be used and how are you going to use them?
- Your Social Media Campaign needs to have short and medium term goals. This will help you in growing and learning and then analyzing your targets.
- Try your best to include specific objectives, strategies, tactics, and metrics such as social media for Public Relation/marketing/sales/product development.
- Ensure your Social Media Campaign is well integrated into your existing marketing efforts for your company.
- Give utmost priority to knowing who are your target audience.
- Approach Social Media as a tool for seeking to solve client/customer pain
Some marketers often lose their way in Social Media arena because they focus more on financial metrics and not building and strengthening a brand. One should remember that Social Media is all about long term gains and trust building, there are no short-cuts to building trust.